[OE-core] dbus-native --with-x

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 1 16:40:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 18:10 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 1 jun 2011, om 18:01 heeft Phil Blundell het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Is there any compelling reason why dbus-native needs to be built
> > --with-x?  This seems to be causing quite a large stack of native X11
> > packages to get built with, as far as I can tell, no useful result.
>
> I agree, for -native --with-x is overkill

Actually, it turns out that dbus.inc already has:

EXTRA_OECONF_X = "--with-x"
EXTRA_OECONF_X_virtclass-native = "--without-x"

... it's just that it doesn't have any similar code to squash the
dependency on virtual/libx11 in the native case, so you end up building
the x libs anyway.  Doh.

Knocking that dependency out has reduced the task count for
micro-base-image from 938 to 748, which seems like a worthwhile saving.
I'll send a patch later once I've verified that the image build does
actually succeed with that change.

p.