[OE-core] gnu-config-native and perl-native

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 1 17:14:27 UTC 2011

Further to my mini-crusade against perl-native, I discovered that it was
also being included during the initial pseudo build because
gnu-config-native depends on it.

This also seems a bit mysterious: gnu-config has:

DEPENDS_virtclass-native = "perl-native"

... which suggests that the dependency on perl-native was indeed
intentional rather than accidental.  But later, it has:

	# In the native case we want the system perl as perl-native can't have built yet
	if [ "${BUILD_ARCH}" != "${TARGET_ARCH}" ]; then
		sed -i -e 's,/usr/bin/env,${bindir}/env,g' ${D}${bindir}/gnu-configize
	fi

... which suggests that it isn't actually expecting to use the
newly-built perl anyway.  Does anybody know what's going on with that?

p.