[OE-core] Where is atom-pc.conf hiding?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jun 13 23:04:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 15:44 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 06/13/2011 03:35 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

> >> Until then, and even afterwards can we please get some testing of
> >> non-poky builds done?  I know the autobuilder is full but can't we toss
> >> a few things onto a personal box and try that a few times a week?
> >
> > Sure, the more people testing the various combinations the better!
>
> I fear I'm not being clear.  Can You, Saul and maybe other folks making
> frequent submissions and are at times more poky-oriented than not, do
> this as well?  While I'd love the world I'd settle for a bunch of -g's
> to catch obvious problems and a console-image or something..

Since you're highlighting me personally here, I do test a variety of
things periodically. I only have access to one desktop machine and one
Linux laptop so just like everyone else the testing I can physically do
is limited.

I also merge a ton of changes from various people and rely at some level
on trust of those people to have tested changes. I know Saul also does a
lot of testing of various combinations. It might not always be the
combination you personally want but its certainly better than no testing
at all.

OE is getting a number of new computer resources soon thanks to the
Linux Foundation and testing OE-Core is on Tom King's todo list. Yocto
is also stepping up and doing a lot of testing. It is hardware limited
and also looking to increase its resources which is planned and
happening, albeit slower than we'd like in an ideal world.

So on the one hand I do understand your concern. I'm personally and
Yocto are doing the best we can. On the other I'd suggest if testing
certain combinations is this important to you (or Mentor?), stepping up
and helping with the testing would be *much* appreciated and it isn't
the sole responsibility of myself or Saul.