[OE-core] eglibc testing?

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu Jun 16 14:29:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 06:41 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> I nfsmount eglibc builddir on target and run the testsuite. I see aroung
> 10-15 fails. Havent run the testsuite in a while

Maybe the right thing to do with eglibc would be to build a rootfs
containing the testsuite, run it up in qemu-system-arm, and then
engineer some IPC mechanism to get the test results back to the host.
That way you would at least be testing something close to the real
target kernel, rather than the qemu syscall emulation which I suspect is
to blame for some of my failures.

For gcc it'd probably be fine to just run the individual tests under
qemu directly since they don't tend to have a lot of OS dependency.

p.