[OE-core] Architecture mismatch QA check not fatal?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Jun 20 13:55:39 UTC 2011

On 6/20/11 8:31 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 20 jun 2011, om 15:29 heeft Phil Blundell het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 08:23 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
>>> (The minor cases are primarily firmware loaded into off-board cards in PCI
>>> chasis and such.. occasionally these firmware are ELF and of an architecture not
>>> the same as the host..  it's rare, but I have seen it before.)
>>
>> Shouldn't those firmware images just go in a separate package?

Depends on how the system is configured..  Often I see them packaged with the
firmware loader -- which is the proper arch, etc..

> If we do that we can use INSANE_SKIP_firmwarepackage = True, which seems like a good solution.

Ya, as long as we can skip -- or change it to a warning instead of an error.. I
think we're good.  Like I said, this is rare and unlikely to be an issue in
anything in oe-core, meta-oe or even the distributions based on oe-core.. but I
have seen it in customer production environments before.

--Mark