[OE-core] Linux 3.0-rcX (was Re: [RFC] qemu* kernel configs)

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Mon Jun 20 18:44:45 UTC 2011

* Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> [110614 17:13]:
> Thanks for the breakdown, it definitely helps. Now that I've got some
> 3.0-rcX items done, and recipe renaming behind me, I'll have a look
> at these and see how best to incorporate the configs.

Just curious, what 3.0-rcX items have you done? Will you submit patches
for these item soon, or wait for a more complete set?

I'm currently just curious, as I've played a little with 3.0-rcX in my
sparetime, and I've got a patch series in a local tree that at least
builds 3.0-rcX (and also removes some of the support for 2.4-kernels).
I've haven't yet looked into libc-headers, just enough to build the
3.0-rcX kernel.

However, I've just learned today, that some other project we're using,
might port their drivers and SW-stack to 3.0-rcX, instead of choosing a
later 2.6.3x kernel. If they go for that route, I'm interested in
getting official 3.0-support in OE-core sooner than later...

Regards,
Anders

--
Anders Darander