[OE-core] Linux 3.0-rcX (was Re: [RFC] qemu* kernel configs)

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:19:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Anders Darander <anders at chargestorm.se> wrote:
> * Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> [110614 17:13]:
>> Thanks for the breakdown, it definitely helps. Now that I've got some
>> 3.0-rcX items done, and recipe renaming behind me, I'll have a look
>> at these and see how best to incorporate the configs.
>
> Just curious, what 3.0-rcX items have you done? Will you submit patches
> for these item soon, or wait for a more complete set?
>
> I'm currently just curious, as I've played a little with 3.0-rcX in my
> sparetime, and I've got a patch series in a local tree that at least
> builds 3.0-rcX (and also removes some of the support for 2.4-kernels).
> I've haven't yet looked into libc-headers, just enough to build the
> 3.0-rcX kernel.

My first focus is (and largely was) getting our qemu* patches and meta
data up and
running on the 3.0 kernel. I've booted most of the qemu variants now, with
qemuppc consuming time to find some missing interrupts at the moment.

That was done from a purely kernel point of view. Setting the version to
2.6.40 was a temporary work around to focus on the kernel items.

I'm now starting into the fallout to the rest of the build and dependent
packages. I'm staying away from 2.4 removal at the moment. So if you've
got some patches to send, I'd be happy to save them, it would save me
some time!

Cheers,

Bruce

> However, I've just learned today, that some other project we're using,
> might port their drivers and SW-stack to 3.0-rcX, instead of choosing a
> later 2.6.3x kernel. If they go for that route, I'm interested in
> getting official 3.0-support in OE-core sooner than later...
>
> Regards,
> Anders
>
> --
> Anders Darander