[OE-core] oe-core cleanup...

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Mar 2 18:33:47 UTC 2011

On 3/2/11 12:27 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 2 mrt 2011, om 19:00 heeft Richard Purdie het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Thanks for starting this thread Mark, I've also just been looking at
>> this question so its timely.
>>
>> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 11:30 -0600, Mark Hatle wrote:
>>> I finally got a chance to look at the oe-core and where it currently is..  Some
>>> suggestions below:
>>>
>>> LICENSE file, this may need to be cleaned up to only cover the components
>>> actually in the oe-core.
>>>
>>> README likely needs some revision
>>>
>>> README.hardware needs a lot of revision.  Anything outside of support for QEMU
>>> should be removed.
>>>
>>> The meta-demoapps and meta-rt components, will those be staying or going?
>>>
>>> The meta/recipes.txt needs to be verified as still what we want -- I assume it
>>> is at this point..
>>>
>>> meta/recipes-...  sato, qt, gnome, I thought were going elsewhere?
>>>
>>> Do the items in the "scripts" need to be renamed or is Poky being kept in the
>>> naming?  Same with the poky-init-build-env?
>>>
>>> Then I also assume the items in the documentation directory need to be cleaned
>>> up as well...
>>>
>>> Let me know what you'd like me to try and tackle -- or if we need to bring these
>>> items up at the TSC for recommendation.
>>
>> I'm proposing this change so far:
>>
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=rpurdie/roorg&id=891ad22536b49d4fee066a5865ad730f791d36e9
>>
>> with those relocated files being removed from oe-core. Any objections to
>> that to start with?
>
> Why not put the recipes in meta-oe? I have need for e.g eds-dbus and would like to have that in meta-oe.

If it's acceptable within meta-oe (I don't see why this wouldn't be) it
certainly can be added there as well.. however, I was assuming the default was
meta-yocto and it not going into meta-oe until a separate merge step, process,
etc..  meta-oe would be made up of the existing OE components (not in core)
initially...

--Mark