[OE-core] [RFC] systemd units packaging

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri May 6 16:56:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 13:06, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 6 mei 2011, om 17:36 heeft Otavio Salvador het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:51, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>> So, is having both sets inside ${PN} a dealbreaker?
>>
>> I think it is not BUT this choice could be a distro choice.
>
> Everything can be a distro choice, you can make gtk/qt or even qt-x11/qt-e a distro choice. The point is to see what is an image choice and what isn't. Defaulting to distro choice is a recipe for disaster (pun intended)
>
> I do *NOT* want to write a new distro.conf for every silly option out there.

Sure and I agree; that's why I said to default to 'both' so most
common case would be fulfill by the image choice of putting sysv or
systemd but giving the option to "disable" sysv or systemd at distro
level allow for minimal and very space contrain systems to be done
without needing to hack too much.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br