[OE-core] Pull request with misc changes

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue May 10 18:00:07 UTC 2011

On 05/10/2011 05:53 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 02:17, Saul Wold<sgw at linux.intel.com>  wrote:
>> Next time, please use the create-pull-request script, which will generate a
>> set of patch emails so that we can review this information via email. I will
>> make a couple of additional comments below associated with each patch.
>
> It has a problem to me since it depends on using the contrib repo and
> I am using github.
Is there a reason you can't use the oe-core-contrib repo and create a
branch there?  Can the script be modified to support github also?

It creates get another remote that we need to fetch from.

>>>        insane.bbclass: skip license checksum if LICENSE is "CLOSED"
>>
>> I assume you are adding this for layers and commercial work, we should never
>> have CLOSED in any open layer.
>
> Sure. I fully agree but I also think it is insane to have to provide a
> fake license file to workaround it in every repository I am using
> internally.

We agree, thanks for this change.

>>>        cmake: add support for oe qt4 tools names
>>
>> Please add a comment to the patch explaining it's purpose and origin, and
>> include a Signed-off-by: if appropriate. Any patches that you have modified
>> or added should include the above info.
>
> On the patch itself? Any doc describing an example of it?

Mark Hatle has (or will have shortly) a proposal out to the OE community
for commit and patch message guidelines, as a starting point, you can
look at the wiki:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Recipe_%26_Patch_Style_Guide

This will be updated in the next 24 hours or so.

Sau!