[OE-core] How does openembedded-core-contrib/master relate to openembedded-core/master?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:37:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

how does the master branch of openembedded-core-contrib relate to the
master branch of openembedded-core?

Is -core-contrib tracking -core 1-to-1?

The reason I ask is that user contribution go into feature branches
(name/feature) of -core-contrib, but should ideally be based against
core itself, as RP pulls there, and we want clean pulls.

http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/log/

My first feature branch (likewise/gnuspe) was cloned from, branched,
and pushes against openembedded-core-contrib, is that the correct
approach?

Regards,
--
Leon