[OE-core] How does openembedded-core-contrib/master relate to openembedded-core/master?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed May 11 13:41:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 14:37 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> how does the master branch of openembedded-core-contrib relate to the
> master branch of openembedded-core?
>
> Is -core-contrib tracking -core 1-to-1?

I probably shouldn't have pushed that at all to be honest, its just
likely to get out of date quickly :/. I was fiddling with some
configuration, trying to allow easiest comparisons of trees in the
contrib repo and the creation of it was an artefact of that, sorry.

Certainly there would always need to be a 1:1 mapping. The current
server config won't actually allow me to delete the master branch either
as its the "current" branch of the repo and would be used in git clones.

> The reason I ask is that user contribution go into feature branches
> (name/feature) of -core-contrib, but should ideally be based against
> core itself, as RP pulls there, and we want clean pulls.
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/
> http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/log/
>
> My first feature branch (likewise/gnuspe) was cloned from, branched,
> and pushes against openembedded-core-contrib, is that the correct
> approach?

The pull request you sent looked fine. This only works if that master
branch is kept in sync with the main repo though.