[OE-core] How does openembedded-core-contrib/master relate to openembedded-core/master?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:22:39 UTC 2011

Hello Richard,

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 14:37 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>> how does the master branch of openembedded-core-contrib relate to the
>> master branch of openembedded-core?
>>
>> Is -core-contrib tracking -core 1-to-1?
>
>> My first feature branch (likewise/gnuspe) was cloned from, branched,
>> and pushes against openembedded-core-contrib, is that the correct
>> approach?
>
> The pull request you sent looked fine. This only works if that master
> branch is kept in sync with the main repo though.

which was exactly why I wrote this email. Thanks for confirming my concerns.

So the safer way would be to create a feature branch on core-contrib,
that however is (re)based on core.

Should I clone core, then create a feature branch that I push to core-contrib?
Should I clone core-contrib, then rebase against core, then create a
feature branch that I push to core-contrib?

In either way, I could use a list of the corresponding git commands,
as I hate to screw up and we need to document this anyway; we need
more core developers.

Regards,
--
Leon