[OE-core] [bugfix 1/1] mesa-xlib: workaround gcc 4.6.0 ICE

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri May 27 08:54:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:14 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 27 mei 2011, om 01:33 heeft Richard Purdie het volgende geschreven:
>
> > On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 13:41 -0700, nitin.a.kamble at intel.com wrote:
> > I've suggested something like:
> >
> > TARGET_CC_ARCH_arm_pn-mesa-xlib := "${@'${TARGET_CC_ARCH}'.replace('armv7','armv5')}"
> >
> > which whilst ugly, should do what we need it to.
>
> So how do I opt out of that? I don't use gcc 4.6 and suddenly mesa gets compiled for a suboptimal architecture.

Good question. I guess you're just changing the gcc version but using
the rest of that file?

This is a tricky problem as we do want to include that for anyone using
gcc 4.6 as otherwise things break but as you say, can't impact someone
using that file but changing its values.

I guess the solution will be to turn it into anonymous python checking
if we're:

* using gcc 4.6
* building for arm
* using armv7 optimisations
* building mesa-xlib

The other way is to add a conditional to that statement on the gcc
version variable which is perhaps going to be easiest.