[OE-core] [bugfix 1/1] mesa-xlib: workaround gcc 4.6.0 ICE

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri May 27 09:30:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:54 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Good question. I guess you're just changing the gcc version but using
> the rest of that file?
>
> This is a tricky problem as we do want to include that for anyone using
> gcc 4.6 as otherwise things break but as you say, can't impact someone
> using that file but changing its values.
>
> I guess the solution will be to turn it into anonymous python checking
> if we're:
>
> * using gcc 4.6
> * building for arm
> * using armv7 optimisations
> * building mesa-xlib

Can we not just patch gcc to fix the ice?  That seems like it would be
the best answer.

If that's difficult for some reason, and downgrading gcc isn't an option
either for whatever reason, then it seems like the right thing is going
to be to get mesa-xlib's do_configure() to sort it out.

I'm not sure that anonymous python is going to work since there is no
particularly good and reliable method of determining ahead of time what
version of gcc is going to end up being used for the build.

p.