[OE-core] OpenEmbedded TSC Meeting 17-Nov-2011

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Nov 28 10:39:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 10:11 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 10:18 -0800, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:
> > berlios disappearing
>
> Just as an observation, this business of "berlios going away at the end
> of the year" seems to crop up in the TSC minutes fairly often but
> appears to be incorrect (or at least outdated).  According to the
> berlios website, it doesn't appear that there is an imminent threat of
> it disappearing.
>
> That's not to say that I think moving bitbake off berlios and onto
> oe.org wouldn't be a good thing, but perhaps it isn't as urgent as all
> that.

This was prompted by an announcement they sent out:

http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=37450

It seems some kind of rescue package has subsequently been put in place:

http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=37533

although this was not as widely announced as the closure announcement as
I've only just seen it (I received the closure announcement as an admin
of the bitbake project). It appears the immediate pressure is off but it
would still be good to get bitbake's hosting sorted out.