[OE-core] OpenEmbedded TSC Meeting 17-Nov-2011

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Mon Nov 28 10:40:32 UTC 2011

Op 28 nov. 2011, om 11:11 heeft Phil Blundell het volgende geschreven:

> On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 10:18 -0800, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:
>> berlios disappearing
>
> Just as an observation, this business of "berlios going away at the end
> of the year" seems to crop up in the TSC minutes fairly often but
> appears to be incorrect (or at least outdated).  According to the
> berlios website, it doesn't appear that there is an imminent threat of
> it disappearing.

From the berlios website:

"Dear BerliOS developers and users,

Since announcing that Fraunhofer FOKUS is forced to discontinue to operate BerliOS we have received numerous rescue proposals. Today, we are pleased to announce that the BerliOS platform can continue to exist. Still in November 2011 a non-profit association will be founded, whose aim is the operation and further development of the BerliOS platform. "

So it seems the rescue is fairly recent [1] and still not completely finished.

regards,

Koen

[1] 20111031: http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=37533