[OE-core] [oe-core 1/4] qt4-embedded: remove dependency on tslib and use std. linux input

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Oct 12 19:41:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Simon Busch <morphis at gravedo.de> wrote:
> On 12.10.2011 21:09, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>> What is breaking qt:e in this case? For me it's just a feature reduction
>>> and not a break (as qt:e still works fine with the linux input interface).
>>
>> When your TS is suddenly uncalibrated and jittery, it's a breakage, not a feature reduction.
>
> You're talking here about one case where tslib is needed to get a
> working touchscreen. But there are even cases where tslib is not needed
> to get a working touchscreen.

The base should be the bare min necessary to function in the common
case, in my opinion. Touchscreens that don't require calibration are
few and far between, so making the majority of machines with
touchscreens have to override it seems far from ideal.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com