[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 14/16] distro-tracking: update data for some toolchain recipes

Saul Wold saul.wold at intel.com
Wed Oct 19 17:45:51 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 10:00 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Saul Wold<saul.wold at intel.com>  wrote:

>>> Why do we have this distro tracking data in oe-core git anyway?  I'm not
>>> entirely clear on what it's used by.
>>>
>> Phil:
>>
>> It's used by the tools that build http://packages.yoctoproject.org and to
>> help recipe manage maintainer-ship and track what needs updating.
>
> This could be managed via meta-data in packages I believe all that
> information is there.

Khem,

I am not quite following, are you suggesting incorporating the
distro_tracking_fields info into the final packages (this word is
overloaded sometimes), or adding it the recipe bb files?

If adding it to the recipe bb files, this was discussed and deemed
inappropriate, as it's too dynamic and would clutter the recipe.

Sau!