[OE-core] RPM and libmagic

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 26 23:05:13 UTC 2011

Mark,

I recently found a problem with RPM and libmagic, specificly the rpmdeps
command as it's used in package.bbclass. The issue being that it was not
finding the correct magic.mgc file.  I notice that we wrap the other RPM
commands, but not rpmdeps.

Additionally, as I have discovered the wrappers that we have in place
currently does not define a MAGIC environment variable to correct the
location.

I know rpm and friends are an important part of OE packaging, so I
wanted to check with you first about the correct location to set this,
if we should use the MAGIC or pass a --define '%_rpmfc_magic_path ...'
on the command line.

Please advise, I know you are traveling, and I can implement the change
once we figure out the correct approach.

Thanks

--
     Sau!

Saul Wold