[OE-core] Slight change to merging procedure - master-next

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:49:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:32:54PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> One of the issues I've been having is that I read through patches once
> doing review and then have to wait ~24 hours before merging any patches
> I think are acceptable in case others have comments. This means I have
> to go through emails twice and its a bit of a pain.
>
> I'm therefore going to start maintaining master-next with patches I
> think are ready. They'll sit there for 24 hours before being merged if
> there aren't other issues raised by anyone else.
>
> I could just do this in private but I'm choosing to make it public. I
> want to be clear that branch can rebase and change, its not definite
> until it hits master. I hope some people find it useful.

I do find it useful, thanks for that.

/me already rebasing remaining changes from xorg patchset on top of
master-next ;)

BTW: is there any plan to give some information when something is
dropped from master-next? Like: "dropping this from master-next, because
of feedback from Joe, please send updated patch"

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com