[OE-core] libpython2

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Tue Apr 10 13:41:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

bitbake complains:

"NOTE: multiple providers are available for runtime libpython2 (python,
python-nativesdk)
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match libpython2"

That's because I'm building a recipe for a binary that RDEPENDS_${PN} on
libpython2. So I added PREFERRED_PROVIDER_libpython2 = "python" to my
disto.conf, but the warning cited above persists.

python_2.7.2.bb contains:

PACKAGES =+ "lib${BPN}2"
BBCLASSEXTEND = "nativesdk"

Shouldn't it rather create libpython2 and libpython2-nativesdk or
something similar?

What could be the reason for the warning to persist?

Regards,
Andreas