[OE-core] Replacing Web in Sato with Midori

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 12:07:31 UTC 2012

On 8 August 2012 11:39, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> So in the longer term I continue to feel that
> Sato should probably go away into its own layer (or, at least, a layer
> that isn't oe-core) and oe-core itself should gain a dedicated test
> suite.

So what would your ideal dedicated test suite for anything visual (X,
input drivers, video decode, display outputs, etc) be?  I acknowledge
that webkit is a pretty huge dependency so was planning on conceding
that by making it optional, but my plans around Shuku as a Sato
replacement mainly involve removing packages, the only addition being
Midori because it's pretty tough these days to deny that a competent
web browser/HTML app engine is becoming an important feature as many
appliances are moving to HTML/JS instead of other languages (kiosks,
STBs, etc).

Ross