[OE-core] Replacing Web in Sato with Midori

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Aug 8 12:26:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 13:07 +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> it's pretty tough these days to deny that a competent
> web browser/HTML app engine is becoming an important feature as many
> appliances are moving to HTML/JS instead of other languages (kiosks,
> STBs, etc).

Yes, I agree, and that's one reason that I think having WebKit in
oe-core proper (rather than relegated to part of the testsuite) would
make sense.

If WebKit did go into oe-core then I agree that using some sort of
WebKit-based browser (which might well be Midori) as part of the test
harness would be an entirely reasonable thing to do.

p.