[OE-core] [OE-Core] error expanding variable do_*

Giuseppe Condorelli giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:15:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

today I restarted to work on my own OE meta layer and, after having pulled
last two months changes is OE-Core, I was able to
build nothing.
This is the error I met

[****]$ bitbake core-image-minimal
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main
build
NOTE: Error expanding variable do_unpack                        | ETA:
00:00:04
NOTE: Error during finalise of
/oelinux/condorg/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-sato/web/web_git.bb
ERROR: Unable to parse
/oelinux/condorg/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-sato/web/web_git.bb
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

I tried with bitbake version 1.15.2 and 1.15.3, the latest two versions.
What about the "Error expanding variable do_unpack?" I've read something in
but with no understanding.

Please can you help me?

Regards,
Giuseppe