[OE-core] [OE-Core] error expanding variable do_*

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 21 13:29:48 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 21 August 2012 15:15:42 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I restarted to work on my own OE meta layer and, after having pulled
> last two months changes is OE-Core, I was able to
> build nothing.
> This is the error I met
>
> [****]$ bitbake core-image-minimal
> Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main
> build
> NOTE: Error expanding variable do_unpack                        | ETA:
> 00:00:04
> NOTE: Error during finalise of
> /oelinux/condorg/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-sato/web/web_git.bb
> ERROR: Unable to parse
> /oelinux/condorg/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-sato/web/web_git.bb
> ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
>
> I tried with bitbake version 1.15.2 and 1.15.3, the latest two versions.
> What about the "Error expanding variable do_unpack?" I've read something in
> but with no understanding.

This is almost certainly because of the whitespace changes in python
functions. If you use master of OE-Core, you must use BitBake 1.15.3+; if you
use denzil, you need to use 1.15.2. I'm a bit confused as to how you could
have still got this error with 1.15.2 though since that change was not in that
version (unless you are using master of OE-Core with BitBake 1.15.2).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton