[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:42:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 07:20:45PM +0200, Radu Moisan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>      I have prepared a branch on poky-contrib (rmoisan/systemd) where I
> pulled systemd from meta-openembedded. The goal is to merge this into
> oe-core, so please take a look and give me your feedback on stuff that
> needs work or things that I might have done wrong, so that I can prepare
> it for merge.
>      At this point core-image-minimal and core-image-sato both boot fine
> with systemd. There still are a few warnings but not critical(at
> runtime), at least in my opinion, you may want to take a look at those too.
>      You can activate systemd by *DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd"*

What about upgrade path from meta-systemd?

I've noticed that
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=02f4027f7ccddaff3b0316962e7a86a04d31abbc
does not increment PR at all while
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-systemd/oe-core/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant_1.0.bbappend
PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 2}"

Also I like this commit very much
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=216049b154799fc7984c54858a386d7318f99ce0
but current styleguide thinks something else about consistent whitespace
usage. So I think this wont be accepted as my change to styleguide
wasn't.

And last thing:
there is few pending patches for meta-systemd:
http://patchwork.openembedded.org/project/oe/list/?q=systemd
Can you check them and merge them if needed? Or will you update your
systemd* copies if we merge them in meta-oe?

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com