[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Radu Moisan radu.moisan at intel.com
Thu Dec 20 11:30:28 UTC 2012

On 12/20/2012 12:42 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 07:20:45PM +0200, Radu Moisan wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>       I have prepared a branch on poky-contrib (rmoisan/systemd) where I
>> pulled systemd from meta-openembedded. The goal is to merge this into
>> oe-core, so please take a look and give me your feedback on stuff that
>> needs work or things that I might have done wrong, so that I can prepare
>> it for merge.
>>       At this point core-image-minimal and core-image-sato both boot fine
>> with systemd. There still are a few warnings but not critical(at
>> runtime), at least in my opinion, you may want to take a look at those too.
>>       You can activate systemd by *DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd"*
> What about upgrade path from meta-systemd?
>
> I've noticed that
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=02f4027f7ccddaff3b0316962e7a86a04d31abbc
> does not increment PR at all while
> http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-systemd/oe-core/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant_1.0.bbappend
> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 2}"
I'll take care of this one.

> Also I like this commit very much
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant?h=rmoisan/systemd&id=216049b154799fc7984c54858a386d7318f99ce0
> but current styleguide thinks something else about consistent whitespace
> usage. So I think this wont be accepted as my change to styleguide
> wasn't.
I think Richard suggested it, but anyway wasn't the recomandation to use
spaces instead of tabs (I use 4 spaces)? I can revert or change it when
time comes. Feedback on this will be well appreciated.
> And last thing:
> there is few pending patches for meta-systemd:
> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/project/oe/list/?q=systemd
> Can you check them and merge them if needed? Or will you update your
> systemd* copies if we merge them in meta-oe?
These look very interesting. I'll take a closer look and pull them in as
appropriate.

Radu