[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Dec 20 12:39:02 UTC 2012

On 20 December 2012 10:47, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>     You can activate systemd by  DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd"
>
> What happens when I do DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "sysvinit systemd"?

As systemd is showing, the choice of init manager isn't just something
you can do at image generation time, but impacts the build.  Services
may opt to use systemd-native interfaces if systemd is available, or
streamline their daemonisation based on the support that systemd has.

This is why this series makes the choice of init a distribution
choice, and doesn't allow multiple choices.

Ross