[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Dec 20 12:50:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 20 December 2012 10:47, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>>     You can activate systemd by  DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "systemd"
>>
>> What happens when I do DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN = "sysvinit systemd"?
>
> As systemd is showing, the choice of init manager isn't just something
> you can do at image generation time, but impacts the build.  Services
> may opt to use systemd-native interfaces if systemd is available, or
> streamline their daemonisation based on the support that systemd has.
>
> This is why this series makes the choice of init a distribution
> choice, and doesn't allow multiple choices.

Not really, I've been using sysvinit images and systemd images in OE
with meta-oe and it works fine.

There're some changes need, indeed, but it is possible to make it
work. The biggest change I had to do is to get systemd-udevd using
init scripts.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br