[OE-core] RFC: systemd integration

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Dec 20 12:59:46 UTC 2012

On 20 December 2012 12:50, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Not really, I've been using sysvinit images and systemd images in OE
> with meta-oe and it works fine.
>
> There're some changes need, indeed, but it is possible to make it
> work. The biggest change I had to do is to get systemd-udevd using
> init scripts.

Sure it works, I never said it didn't work. It's just not optimal -
dbus isn't using the superior console ownership information available
to it through systemd for example, because that means linking to
libsystemd-login.  By making systemd an image-time choice we can't
ever have any code that requires systemd in the build.

Ross