[OE-core] armhf support in OpenEmbedded?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Feb 6 21:17:26 UTC 2012

In oe-core, there are definitions for various tunings that use the ARM EABI w/
HF extension.

The following tunings support that mode:  (And armhf is avsolutely not required
to be for the armv7-a CPU.. it compatible with any CPU that supports VFP
instructions... note there are armv7-a systems that do -not- have VFP support,
so these ABI extensions will not work there!)

armv5ehf-vfp armv5tehf-vfp
armv5ehfb-vfp armv5tehfb-vfp
armv5hf-vfp armv5thf-vfp
armv5hfb-vfp armv5thfb-vfp
armv6hf armv6thf
armv6hfb armv6thfb
armv7hf armv7thf armv7hf-neon armv7thf-neon
armv7ahfb armv7athfb armv7ahfb-neon armv7athfb-neon
armv7hf armv7thf armv7hf-neon armv7thf-neon
armv7hfb armv7thfb armv7hfb-neon armv7thfb-neon

See conf/machine/include/arm/*

--Mark