[OE-core] armhf support in OpenEmbedded?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Mon Feb 6 21:17:33 UTC 2012

Op 6 feb. 2012, om 22:01 heeft Leon Woestenberg het volgende geschreven:

> Hello,
>
> do we already have support for the ARM "armhf" ABI in OpenEmbedded?  (A quick search on the ML didn't get me hits).
>
> Basically,"armhf" is built with -mfloat-abi=hard, and tuned for armv7-a CPUs.

Yes, we've had it for ages in OE-classic and Marks tune overhaul made it easy to use in OE-core as well. Also note that armhf has practically no adavantage over softfp in real world applications. The only things getting a decent speedup in proper benchmarks was povray.

regards,

Koen