[OE-core] Heads up: basichash being enabled for poky by default

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Feb 21 22:03:29 UTC 2012

This is just to warn people that I'm going to push a change making
basichash the default for DISTRO=poky as of tomorrow. This change has
been brewing for a while and has seen plenty of discussion. Its time to
throw the switch:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?id=f65bbb41d6fe9763acbd80df5885b3526259ce80

I haven't yet decided what should happen when in OE-Core and am open to
opinions on that.

If you're not ready for the change, you can still set:

BB_SIGNATURE_HANDLER = 'OEbasic'

to get the existing behaviour either at a local or distro level. The
difference is one will include the sstate hash in the files in
tmp/stamps/*. This means if the hash changes, it gets rebuilt.

As a result of this commit your tree will rebuild. I'll bump the TMPDIR
ABI version number at the same time so people more easily spot the
change and can either revert or continue at their choice.