[OE-core] Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for task-core-basic: libusb-compat (>= 0.1.3)

Brandon Stafford brandon at rascalmicro.com
Wed Feb 22 18:46:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> If you look at the tmp/deploy/ipk/*/Packages index file, you should see
> the dependencies of each package listed. It would be interesting to see
> if something is depending on "libusb-compat". If there is something I'd
> be tempted to try running "bitbake xxx -c cleansstate" and rebuilding
> that specific recipe.

Victory!

Looking at the Packages file, it appears that gnupg depends on libusb-compat.

I then ran this series of commands:

bitbake gnupg -c cleansstate
bitbake -c clean core-image-basic
bitbake core-image-basic

These tasks all completed successfully. Thank you, Richard, for taking
the time to point me in the right direction.

One last question-- somehow, the first build of gnupg was expecting to
find libusb-compat by the wrong name. This was cached in sstate, and a
subsequent build fixed it. Why would it work the second time if the
recipe was unchanged?

Cheers,
Brandon