[OE-core] Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for task-core-basic: libusb-compat (>= 0.1.3)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Feb 22 19:31:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 13:46 -0500, Brandon Stafford wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> > If you look at the tmp/deploy/ipk/*/Packages index file, you should see
> > the dependencies of each package listed. It would be interesting to see
> > if something is depending on "libusb-compat". If there is something I'd
> > be tempted to try running "bitbake xxx -c cleansstate" and rebuilding
> > that specific recipe.
>
> Victory!
>
> Looking at the Packages file, it appears that gnupg depends on libusb-compat.
>
> I then ran this series of commands:
>
> bitbake gnupg -c cleansstate
> bitbake -c clean core-image-basic
> bitbake core-image-basic
>
> These tasks all completed successfully. Thank you, Richard, for taking
> the time to point me in the right direction.
>
> One last question-- somehow, the first build of gnupg was expecting to
> find libusb-compat by the wrong name. This was cached in sstate, and a
> subsequent build fixed it. Why would it work the second time if the
> recipe was unchanged?

That is a question I'd love to have the answer to. Something went wrong
but I don't know what. If you had the old sstate package, it would have
been interesting to compare the old and new ones but you've probably
deleted that now :(. If you do still have them I'd be very interested in
a copy of the two files.

Was this with master or the 2011-1 release branch (or are you using poky
and one of its release branches)?