[OE-core] Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for task-core-basic: libusb-compat (>= 0.1.3)

Brandon Stafford brandon at rascalmicro.com
Wed Feb 22 19:45:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

>> One last question-- somehow, the first build of gnupg was expecting to
>> find libusb-compat by the wrong name. This was cached in sstate, and a
>> subsequent build fixed it. Why would it work the second time if the
>> recipe was unchanged?
>
> That is a question I'd love to have the answer to. Something went wrong
> but I don't know what. If you had the old sstate package, it would have
> been interesting to compare the old and new ones but you've probably
> deleted that now :(. If you do still have them I'd be very interested in
> a copy of the two files.

bitbake -c cleansstate would have deleted the old sstate, right?

At some point in the next few weeks, I'll be rebuilding all this from
scratch. If I run into the same error, I'd be happy to try to save
trees before and after the cleansstate/rebuild.

> Was this with master or the 2011-1 release branch (or are you using poky
> and one of its release branches)?

This is master, last pulled Feb 8, 2012, commit
4ef5e70f531f48cef90805402c16ec02ad3f2b92.

Thanks again for the help.

Brandon