[OE-core] Fwd: [oe] Source Archiver Class

Xiaofeng Yan xiaofeng.yan at windriver.com
Thu Feb 23 02:24:10 UTC 2012

On 2012年02月22日 00:57, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 02/19/2012 10:40 PM, Xiaofeng Yan wrote:
>> On 2012年02月18日 07:52, Saul Wold wrote:

Hi Saul,

I have implemented the most functions but srpm functions. I will
complete the left work(merge functions from sourcepkg, src_distribute
to archiver.bbclass, implement srpm functions. )

>>> Xiaofeng & Community:
>>>
>>> We had a chat with Chris Larson and Mark Hatle here at ELC.
>>>
>>> We focused this issue down to a fewer number of options that meet the
>>> needs of the licenses. Please review this and let us know if there are
>>> any issues or concerns.
>>>

>> Hi Saul,
>>
>> I comment my understanding as follow:
>>> Best Practices:
>>> - Archive during build, we do not support nor recommend post archiving
>>> - Original tarball and patches w/ordering file (maybe comment the
>>> series), grab non-patch files also.
>> for example:
>> file://a.patch
>> file://b.config.in
>> we also archive b.config.in.
>
> Yes, correct.
>
>>> - Unless requesting configured sources, which will just be the
>>> configured source tarball
>>> - Grab temp as postfunc of do_package - latest logs via links & pid
>>>
>> That means logs package include all of logs in temp. for example.
>> You has described a following function we will realize at the previous
>> email.
>> 3 - Original Source code & Patches & temp (scripts & logs)
>>
>> source codes and patches should be in the stage do_patch[postfunc] = "
>> do_get_source"
>> logs should be in the stage do_package[postfunc] = " do_get_logs"
>> So logs file shouldn't be archived in do_patch[postfunc] = "
>> do_get_logs"
>> The logs in the stage of do_packge are more than do_patch.
>>
> Correct, you want to get the logs and scripts from temp when they are
> most complete (after do_package not after do_patch).
>
> As mentioned below, you would use the variable SOURCE_ARCHIVE_LOG in
> the do_package[postfunc] to determine if you need to archive the logs
> or not.
>

>>> For sstate Builds (LATER):
>>> - need to verify that fetch/patch/configure will get re-run for
>>> archiving
>>> - Add temp dir to sstate capture (without links)
>>>
>>> 3 Implementations classes
>>> - Filter in oe/lib/license.py
>>> - source_archive.bb
>>> - archives tarballs to ${BP}/...
>>> - reuse copyleft_compliance for patch handling
>>> - srpm
>>> - take output from above and create SRPM - (LATER)
>>>
>> We will do the archive work according the license . I will implement two
>> functions, one is for left, the other for right.
> I am not sure what you mean by one is for left and the other is for
> right?
>
> Can you explain your thoughts here.
I mean I need implement a function to select to archive the packages
from copyright(no free)or copyleft(free).

>>> 2 Configuration classes
>>> - uses prefunc/postfunc at correct place
>>> - Original Tarball / Patches
>>> - Post Configuration
>>>
>> We can define 8 classes to complete 8 kinds of archiving methods. every
>> class will inherit archiver.bbclass.
>
> I am not sure we need 8 classes anymore, that was the point of this
> email to simplify the needs.
>
> 2 Classes:
>
> source_patches.bbclass
>  - Original Tarball & Patches & Other files
>  - do_patch[postfunc] = <archive ${S}/patches with Original tarball>
>  - Included temp dir if enabled via SOURCE_ARCHIVE_LOG
>
> configured_source.bbclass
>  - Get the ${S} dir (or $S & any build dir) after do_configure
>  - do_configure[postfunc] = <archive configured source>
>  - Include temp dir if enabled via SOURCE_ARCHIVE_LOG

got it, thanks