[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/28] Build Fixes and Updates

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Jan 5 11:30:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 22:30 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> Richard,
>
> This is a set of changes that have been built and booted for
> sato. This address the failure we have seen on the Autobuilder,
> please check the master_under_test build currenly building.
>
> We have another kernel update from Bruce, with the sanity checks
> from Scott G. along with other change from the community.
> The matchbox changes make sense based on a better explaination
> from Edwin.
>
> Please review overall, but I am positive about this change set.
>
> Sau!
>
> The following changes since commit f309769d10cb3d8b72b8c7c4f7f418dcb8422c61:
>
>   valgrind: Fix for automake update (2012-01-04 16:03:59 +0000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage
>
> Bruce Ashfield (3):
>   kern-tools: import flexible branching support
>   linux-yocto: bump kernel version to v3.0.14
>   linux-yocto: use src_patches for out of tree kernel feature support

These look related to the failures on the autobuilder so I didn't take
them.

> Christopher Larson (1):
>   opkg-utils: use /usr/bin/env python
>
> Derek Buitenhuis (2):
>   binutils-cross-canadian: Allow ld-is-gold

I took these.

>   binutils: Allow plugins

I'm sceptical about this. Does this really need to be a distro feature?

> Gary Thomas (1):
>   xserver-kdrive: work around issues with -Werror=address

I've taken this.

> Joshua Lock (2):
>   alsa-state: add alsa-state from oe classic
>   task-base: add alsa-state to task-base-alsa

I've held off this at this time, likely will take it next time around.

> Otavio Salvador (3):
>   udev: use 'echo' instead of 'echo -n' in init script
>   udev: split utilities onto udev-utils
>   udev: remove commented code from init script (no code changes)
>
> Phil Blundell (1):
>   python-native: correct prefix handling for oe-core sysroot layout
>
> Saul Wold (6):
>   image_types: Fix rootfs size calcuation
>   glib-2.0: ensure dtrace is diabled for all distro options and fix
>     packaging
>   libxp: fix cast error
>   Patch Upstream-Status Update

I took these.

>   util-linux: Update patch for non-GPLv3
>   gnutls: remove gettext patch for non-GPLv3

These are one line commit descriptions which tell me very little. Please
improve the patch descriptions.

> Scott Garman (7):
>   ncurses: move libraries to base_libdir
>   libcap: move library to base_libdir
>   util-linux: move libraries to base_libdir
>   e2fsprogs: move libraries to base_libdir
>   libusb1: move libraries to base_libdir
>   libusb-compat: move libraries to base_libdir
>   insane.bbclass: add QA tests for unsafe references to exec_prefix
>
> Zhai Edwin (1):
>   matchbox-wm: Remove x-session-manager handling

I took these.

> Zhenhua Luo (1):
>   linux-dtb: add multi-dtb build support and keep dtb in deploy cache
>     package

This looks like it should be done in do_deploy and doesn't fix the real
problem just adding some races in.