[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/28] Build Fixes and Updates

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:10:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 22:30 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>> This is a set of changes that have been built and booted for
>> sato. This address the failure we have seen on the Autobuilder,
>> please check the master_under_test build currenly building.
>>
>> We have another kernel update from Bruce, with the sanity checks
>> from Scott G. along with other change from the community.
>> The matchbox changes make sense based on a better explaination
>> from Edwin.
>>
>> Please review overall, but I am positive about this change set.
>>
>> Sau!
>>
>> The following changes since commit f309769d10cb3d8b72b8c7c4f7f418dcb8422c61:
>>
>>   valgrind: Fix for automake update (2012-01-04 16:03:59 +0000)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage
>>
>> Bruce Ashfield (3):
>>   kern-tools: import flexible branching support
>>   linux-yocto: bump kernel version to v3.0.14
>>   linux-yocto: use src_patches for out of tree kernel feature support
>
> These look related to the failures on the autobuilder so I didn't take
> them.

The first one should fix errors with the the intel BSPs, I checked the
autobuilder
status, but didn't see the linux-yocto failures. Does someone have a link ?

The second two shouldn't have impacted anything, but I'll have a look if there's
a link to share.

Cheers,

Bruce

>> Christopher Larson (1):
>>   opkg-utils: use /usr/bin/env python
>>
>> Derek Buitenhuis (2):
>>   binutils-cross-canadian: Allow ld-is-gold
>
> I took these.
>
>>   binutils: Allow plugins
>
> I'm sceptical about this. Does this really need to be a distro feature?
>
>> Gary Thomas (1):
>>   xserver-kdrive: work around issues with -Werror=address
>
> I've taken this.
>
>> Joshua Lock (2):
>>   alsa-state: add alsa-state from oe classic
>>   task-base: add alsa-state to task-base-alsa
>
> I've held off this at this time, likely will take it next time around.
>
>> Otavio Salvador (3):
>>   udev: use 'echo' instead of 'echo -n' in init script
>>   udev: split utilities onto udev-utils
>>   udev: remove commented code from init script (no code changes)
>>
>> Phil Blundell (1):
>>   python-native: correct prefix handling for oe-core sysroot layout
>>
>> Saul Wold (6):
>>   image_types: Fix rootfs size calcuation
>>   glib-2.0: ensure dtrace is diabled for all distro options and fix
>>     packaging
>>   libxp: fix cast error
>>   Patch Upstream-Status Update
>
> I took these.
>
>>   util-linux: Update patch for non-GPLv3
>>   gnutls: remove gettext patch for non-GPLv3
>
> These are one line commit descriptions which tell me very little. Please
> improve the patch descriptions.
>
>> Scott Garman (7):
>>   ncurses: move libraries to base_libdir
>>   libcap: move library to base_libdir
>>   util-linux: move libraries to base_libdir
>>   e2fsprogs: move libraries to base_libdir
>>   libusb1: move libraries to base_libdir
>>   libusb-compat: move libraries to base_libdir
>>   insane.bbclass: add QA tests for unsafe references to exec_prefix
>>
>> Zhai Edwin (1):
>>   matchbox-wm: Remove x-session-manager handling
>
> I took these.
>
>> Zhenhua Luo (1):
>>   linux-dtb: add multi-dtb build support and keep dtb in deploy cache
>>     package
>
> This looks like it should be done in do_deploy and doesn't fix the real
> problem just adding some races in.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

thee at its end"