[OE-core] Buildhistory in action

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 19 14:45:29 UTC 2012

On Thursday 19 January 2012 15:37:38 Koen Kooi wrote:
> If you want to see a longer history, have a look at
> https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/buildhistory/commits/master, I've
> been using it heavily today when working on udev 177 which changed its
> default filesystem layout. One thing to keep in mind:
>
> $ du -hs /data/ssd/OE/buildhistory/
> 548M	/data/ssd/OE/buildhistory/

Hmm, I wouldn't have expected it to be quite that large, but I guess it
depends what you're doing with it, and I'd imagine given the number of builds
you run you probably stress it more than most (which is good :). In the end
500M is just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of TMPDIR...

> I keep it on an SSD to avoid needing to wait a few minutes after every
> bitbake invocation.

Good advice :) It's also worth noting it will noticeably increase the
do_rootfs time (especially for RPM) and probably do_package as well.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton