[OE-core] Avoid stripping of firmware files?

Rainer Koenig Rainer.Koenig at ts.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 26 13:00:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

for my work on the dm8148-evm I got firmware files with the suffix
".xem3" from TI. I made a simple recipe to install those files in my
image, but I ran into a bad problem:

The firmware files I find in my image are different from the files i use
in my recipe. No matter if I use "install" or just "cp" to copy the
files to the destination.

Looks like those files get stripped during packaging. Normally not a bad
idea, but in this special case stripping the symbols makes the files
dysfunctional.

Is there a way to avoid stripping?

Regards
Rainer
--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Bürgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:Rainer.Koenig at ts.fujitsu.com

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html