[OE-core] Generating a movable SDK

Steve English steve.english at navetas.com
Tue Jun 19 17:03:31 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've generated a cross compiling ARM SDK
(angstrom-eglibc-x86_64-armv7a-v2012.05-toolchain.tar.bz2) that works great
if installed in /usr/local/oecore-x86_64. I would like to move these
binaries and run them from under my home directory (on this and other host
machines).

I can tweak the PATH and use --sysroot where appropriate, but the ELF
binaries themselves specify a loader of
/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
in their .interp header. Is it possible to generate an SDK that uses the
standard host loader, or at least uses a relative path for the built loader?

I have also asked this question (in a slightly more generic form) on Stack
Overflow http://stackoverflow.com/q/11104609/307745

Thanks,

Steve