[OE-core] some simple questions about assignment and appending

Christopher Larson kergoth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:21:17 UTC 2012

The only assignment operator that forces immediate expansion is :=. Otherwise expansion always occurs when the value is used. This is inspired by the behavior of GNU Make. See http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Flavors.html#Flavors for details of how it works there.

--
Christopher Larson