[OE-core] [RFC] Fetching single files

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jun 21 14:45:07 UTC 2012

On 21 June 2012 15:30, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
> We didn't do single file fetches/checkouts in the past because it's a svn 1.6.x feature. I would be really happy if we declare that 1.6.x is the minimum we support. I would be even happier if we just fetch webkit (completely) from git :)

1.6.0 was released in 2009, that seems old enough now.  Even Debian
Stable ships 1.6.12. :)

WebKit from git is still a good 3GB to clone[1], and more importantly
only mirrors WebKit trunk so the 1.8.x series isn't even on it.

Ross

[1] well, a colleague puts his WebKit/.git/ at 3.3G, which much
approximate the download size