[OE-core] RFC: Porting KDE Plasma Active (WIP)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 1 14:37:58 UTC 2012

On Thursday 01 March 2012 15:15:11 Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> For the packages kconfig_compiler (needs libkdecore) and
> makekdewidgets (needs libkdecore and libkdeui) it might work, as long
> as the programs got their libraries.
> Since building kdelibs native in OpenEmbedded would need a "full
> featured" Qt-native and the other dependencies it would cause a lot
> overhead.
> Building libkdecore and kconfig_compiler alone works, but libkdeui
> pulls "everything" else in.

Ouch :( I can imagine trying to break these up would be quite tricky. Perhaps
it's something we have to live with for the time being. If we do rely on
external executables, then we should check and error out as early as possible
if the required executables don't exist.

> > No testlab in oe-core, but buildhistory pretty much does the same:
> > http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/the-testlab-strikes-again
> Thanks, I will look into that.

FYI there's very basic documentation for buildhistory here:

  http://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Buildhistory

Cheers,
Paul

--