[OE-core] proper way to bounce between two (or more) build directories?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 22 11:42:05 UTC 2012

  haven't seen this mentioned anywhere and i know it's simple but i
want to confirm this.

  say i run oe-init-build-env to initialize a new project, part of the
effect of that is to prepend the OE and bitbake related directories to
PATH.  i work there for a while, then want to put that on hold to
start a second build.

  i rerun oe-init-build-env to set up that second build, which works
fine but, unsurprisingly, that prepends the OE directories to my PATH
*again* (but i really have no choice, it has to be done).

  after a while, i want to go back to the first project.  am i
expected to run oe-init-build-env yet again?  (prepending directories
yet again?)

  as best i can tell, the only change i need to make in switching
build directories is to reset the BUILDDIR env variable.  is that all
that's necessary?  i don't see anything else in my environment that
would have to be reset.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca