[OE-core] 1.3 Planning Process

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue May 1 15:50:16 UTC 2012

I just wanted to highlight that the planning process for the next Yocto
Project release (tentatively '1.3') is well under way now. I sent out a
previous email about this but this is a quick reminder.

We use the bugzilla (bugzilla.yoctoproject.org) to track proposed ideas
and these will ultimately end up on
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.3_Features as in previous
releases as we work through the planning process. The aims and
objectives for the next release are listed there (Continuity / Refresh,
Continuity / Refresh and Usability).

I can't promise things listed will happen or in what time frame but I do
know if they're not there, they're much less likely to happen! :)

Alternatively if anyone does want to discuss the future direction of the
project(s), now is a good time to do it. Whilst I'm copying various
lists, I'd suggest this discussion happens on OE-Core unless the
question is clearly more appropriate elsewhere.