[OE-core] [Patch] Update dpkg to one available

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri May 4 16:06:55 UTC 2012

On 05/04/2012 04:29 AM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>   I'm trying to make my first openembedded-core build. That failed due
> to dpkg-1.15.8.5 being not available for download any more.

This should be still available on our MIRROR.

>   Attached patch allowed me to get past that point (updating dpkg
> recipe to use latest (1.16.3) dpkg), but as I'm just learning my way
> around, this has not been subject to any real testing.
>
>   - Changes equivalent to dpkg-deb-avoid-fflush.patch seem now to be in
> upstream (probably this exact patch applied)
>   - I just adjusted perllibdir.patch, but I'm not sure if it's needed
> at all any more. It was used to remove unconditional PERL_LIBDIR
> assignment, but now the assignment is conditional in upstream anyway

Thanks for creating this update, we would like to take this, but if you
could you please re-format this and send a proper patch to the list,
best to use either the "git format-patch" with "git send-email or the
scripts create-pull-request/send-pull-request, also review the commit
message guidelines at

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Commit_Patch_Message_Guidelines

Thanks for the patch!