[OE-core] meta-cloud layer

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Nov 28 16:22:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 17:10 +0100, David Nyström wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm working on getting a minimal Yocto/oe-core based OpenStack setup
> running with the meta-cloud layer, with bits and pieces "borrowed" from
> the meta-xen layer.

Great news!

It might be worth growing meta-xen into a meta-virtualisation layer
since kvm, openstack and xen all seem to be sharing a lot of pieces.
This depends on the maintainers but it would seem to be logical rather
than many small interdependent layers.

> Still in its infancy, and lots of stuff is still missing and/or not
> working properly.
>
> Have a look if your interested, not much to see yet though.
>
> https://github.com/nysan/meta-cloud.git
>
> Any thoughts on floating layer ML:s, i.e. an ML for so called
> "out-of-tree" layers ?  Or is the common thought that all new recipes
> should eventually go into oe-core ?

The Yocto Project has been using the Yocto list for that and
OpenEmbedded has openembedded-devel. Its not expected for everything to
end up in OE-Core, quite the opposite.